We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for making fried octopus with green beans
- Octopus 1 kilogram (small individuals, approximate weight of 1 octopus is 200-300 grams)
- Green beans 300 grams
- Curry paste 3 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil 2-3 tablespoons
- Soy sauce 2 tablespoons
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Dried lime or lemongrass leaves 1 teaspoon
- Main Ingredients Octopus
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Inventory:Cutting board - 2 pieces, Knife - 2 pieces, Saucepan, Stove, Colander, Deep bowl, Paper kitchen towels, Plate - 2 pieces, Frying pan, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Kitchen spatula, Skimmer
Cooking fried octopus with green beans:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.Rinse the octopus in cold running water, remove sand, algae and any other contaminants. Place the seafood on a cutting board, cut your head a little lower than your eyes. Trim the tentacles and set them aside. With the tip of a knife, cut out the eyes of the octopus, clean out the cavity of the carcass and very carefully remove the ink bag. Squeeze the beak with force, cut it out and throw it out, you will not need it. Thoroughly rinse the head out from the insides under running water inside and out together with the rest of the octopus and place the seafood slices in a deep saucepan. Then, in the same pot, draw ordinary running water so that it completely covers the seafood and is above its level 3 - 4 centimeters. Place the pan on a stove set to medium temperature and cook the octopus for 45 minutes. Cooking time is considered after boiling water. Discard the boiled octopus in a colander, let it drain and then transfer it to a deep bowl filled with cold running water, in this way you will quickly cool the marine inhabitant. Put the chilled octopus on a cutting board, remove the skin from it and cut into small portioned pieces of any shape. Then place the seafood in a deep bowl. Wash green beans under running water and pat dry with paper kitchen towels on a cutting board. Using a knife, cut the beans into strips and place the pieces on a plate. Estimated cutting length up to 2 centimeters. Put in a separate plate the required amount of dried lime or lemongrass leaves. They will give the dish an interesting sour taste.
Step 2: fry the octopus with green beans.
Step 3: serve the fried octopus with green beans.Fried octopus with green beans served hot, laid on a large flat plate and sprinkled with sauce from a frying pan. This dish does not need to be supplemented, since green beans are a garnish to octopuses, but sometimes boiled potatoes or rice are added to the beans as an exception. White or pink dry or semi-sweet wines, as well as apple juice or white grape juice, are ideally combined with this dish. Enjoy it! Enjoy your meal!
- - When cooking the octopus, do not salt water in any case! Salt will make seafood very tough!
- - Curry paste can be purchased at any store, but if for some reason you could not find it, you can make it yourself. To do this, pour 100 milliliters of boiling water into a deep bowl and soak 6 pieces of dried chili peppers in it for 10 minutes. The length of the peppercorns depends on your taste. But basically it does not exceed 3 - 4 centimeters. Then dry the pepper and remove all the seeds and the stalk. Place the chili pepper, 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper, 2 teaspoons of chopped cumin, 1 tablespoon of chopped coriander, 2 branches of fresh cilantro, 1 teaspoon of salt in a blender bowl. Add 2 teaspoons of chopped lime or lemon zest, 1 teaspoon of ginger, 1 teaspoon of dried lemongrass, 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon of turmeric, 2 teaspoons of dried paprika. Combine the ingredients at high speed in a blender to make curry paste. The sharpness of the paste can be adjusted by reducing or increasing the number of hot spices.
- - Sometimes green beans are supplemented with sweet salad pepper and sweet red onion. These ingredients are stewed with beans, throughout the preparation of the dish.
- - Do not overcook beans, this can make it hard and dry.